EEON Events and Webinars
Final Event for the year
EEON would like to warmly invite you to our last event for 2020 in partnership for the fifth year in a row with the Australian Intercultural Society
Join Aboriginal leaders Karen Milward, Stephen Walsh, Karen Jackson, Sara Alden and special guests in a panel discussion on “Conversations from the Heart”
Our panel will discuss the following
- a reflection of 2020 and its challenges and learnings
- how Aboriginal organisations have maintained what they do in 2020
- understanding the experiences of those working on Treaty (including laying the foundations, decision making framework and the story so far) including conversations with government and community
- what we can learn, how we can listen, how we can heal, how we can add out voice, how we can act and be part of the solution?
- truth telling, black lives matter and mental health
- Uluru Statement from the Heart
- engaging respectfully and responsibly in workplaces
- hopes, challenges and aspirations (grounded in a foundation of truth) and what walking together truly means
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices have often led discussions at EEON forums and Summits. They form the backbone of our work at EEON. We are grateful for their generosity, knowledge and continued guidance and recognising the significant contributions that our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders make to our country and our society.