EEON Events and Webinars
June 2021 Event
EEON warmly invites you to our June 16th event
Join Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders Karen Milward, Kerry Arabena, and Stephen Walsh and others for our virtual event of the year on "Conversations from the Heart 2 – Keeping the momentum."
A relationship grows in positivity and strength when grounded in a foundation of truth. What is your organisation doing to walk together with courage?
Our panel will discuss the following:
- A reflection of the past year and its challenges and learnings
- How Aboriginal organisations have maintained what they do in 2021
- The 2021 budgets
- What we can learn, how we can listen and how we can heal
- Hopes, challenges and aspirations (grounded in a foundation of truth) and what walking together truly means in light of establishment of the truth telling commission
- Understanding the experiences of those working on Treaty (including laying the foundations, decision making framework and the story so far)
- Uluru Statement from the Heart
- Black Lives Matter
- 30 years since the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody
- Conversations with government and community
- Preparing young people
- Leadership and decision making representation in politics, media, corporate and government
- The Australian Peer Researcher Association – recognising the expertise and experience of community members as active partners in research
- Future directions and translating conversation to action
Please come along for a thought-provoking and heart-warming conversation that will both inspire you and change how you approach 2021 and beyond.
A Voice to Parliament, enshrined in the Constitution will give Indigenous Australians a say in matters that affect them. It's time we listened to their Voice. Join the From the Heart journey at www.fromtheheart.com.au
Do you want to get free tickets to each of our regular events?
It's one of the benefits of being an EEON Member!